Thursday, October 29, 2009

Beyond Google

I tried carrot2. I really like the topic tree. I searched "mouse". Under the rat/mouse heading, I found a rat Mouse Club of America. If anyone is interested, there is a Bay Area chapter. Eeeeeek!

It was very interesting to use the google-vs-bing search engine. I have to say, I liked the Bing display better. It is nice to have the topics organized. I searched Hungary. Categories included maps, weather, Hungary facts, etc.

I will definately use Bing and Carrot2 in the future. It makes searching your "category"much more organized. This will be great for our patron to know as an additional resource.

P.S. - I showed a patron how to use the Google dictionary feature, but also gave her a dictionary in print.

This was a fun exercise. Thx!

No comments:

Post a Comment